Monday, July 31, 2023

The Lord loves effort

This is turning out to be where I'm posting every deep, spiritual post I would normally share on Instagram! Ha!


When I first got put in to be the Primary president I talked to my friend and asked her if she had any advice. She said “I looked at the meetings as an opportunity to get a break from motherhood and my prayer was to allow Heavenly Father to make more hours in the day to get what I needed to get done.” As we embark on this new journey with Dayt in the bishopric I think about that again. I remember so many times when I was struggling during this past year asking Heavenly Father if there were any blessings specific to this calling that I had access to I needed them right in that moment. I remember praying and being filled with faith that as I was on his errand he would help me. I don’t have a specific memory of help but an overall feeling of peace and confidence things would be ok. Somehow he makes up the difference. You can’t describe it to other people, because you could write it off as coincidence if you try hard enough. You just have to live it and feel it yourself. You see him bend time so you can get things in to make a visit,  give you strength  (and a good attitude haha!) to make a dinner for someone when you’re exhausted, or give clarity on what to let go of that day to make room for something more important. He really does honor your effort. And so mercifully magnifies what efforts you offer when you can’t give anything else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment