Wednesday, November 7, 2018

30

I had been thinking about Dayton's 30th birthday for three years.  And it finally was time to pull off a little perfect birthday trip to Park City!  We went during October break.  I didn't tell him where we were going until we checked in for our flight at the airport.  It was the perfect place where we didn't feel like we had to go out and do anything but had plenty of things to do when we wanted to.  Dayton likes to really vacation--meaning not do anything. Relax eat and not have a schedule. So planning this birthday trip I had to be very very selfless and actually do the kind of trip he wanted to. lol.  I would stress to him that the place I planned to go to (Park City) wasn't grand enough or something and Dayton would always remind me how no matter where we went he would love anything I did. And that is the truth! He is so easy going. 


Facetiming the girls the morning of our flight




Main street!



Our hotel had the most beautiful view and the weather couldn't have been better.  The leaves were incredible! The month before our trip I asked Dayton how he felt about surprise parties.  Subtle huh. haha And he's like honestly that sounds like a nightmare to me. hahaha he doesn't like crowds and I had planned on doing a mission buddy reunion as well as a big birthday surprise in November for his actual birthday. Soooo I scratched the big november one and just kept with the mission one.  Because I know him well enough that he would freak out over seeing those guys. Anyway one of his friends helped me text a bunch of the guys and we got a bunch of guys and their wives together.  I was sweating on the way to the restaurant because I didn't want us to drive up and see people still getting to the restaurant.  But it worked out perfectly and he was so surprised and so grateful everyone made the trip.  We probably stayed at the restaurant for five hours talking and catching up.





The next couple days we had a big spa day, grabbed lunch with some other friends who couldn't make the surprise dinner, visited our friends in their new house, and just napped and watched Netflix.  One of my favorite things is listening to Dayton talk to his friends on the phone.  He laughs so hard and have all these inside jokes and its so cute.






Oh! Silverlake!  This was another highlight.  My friend from Utah who loves hiking recommended this place and I'm so glad we came.  We tried to spot any Moose...actually I don't know what he was looking for but he brought binoculars sooo.  It was so beautiful and relaxing to just walk along the trail and not have anything to do or anywhere to be.











Dayton's actual birthday is Saturday and we're keeping it low key with dinner and a movie.  He is the most amazing person.  We just hit our 7th anniversary in August and it's crazy how time has gone by. Another birthday, another milestone, another year going by of learning how to be better people together.  It's a dream to be married to him.  Happy birthday babe!

No comments:

Post a Comment